Saturday, May 9, 2009

Day 2 of My Blog

So today is Day 2 of my blog. Hmmmmm. What do I write? Well, I've been brainstorming and thought that since I'm a stay-at-home mom, as well as a jewelry designer, I'll have to post some useful tips for my fellow stay-at-home moms and some handy tutorials for my fellow jewelry designers.

Speaking of jewelry, I am always on the search for unique ideas to display my handmade jewelry in shops and also for shows. Today I went to the ReStore Home Improvement Center in Frederick, MD, which is "a place where you can buy new and used building materials, home improvement items, and furnishings at a fraction of retail costs. Run by Habitat for Humanity of Frederick County, Maryland, the ReStore is a bargain hunter's dream store." And it really is. They have so much cool stuff there for great prices. A couple of weeks ago I found an old bi-fold shutter closet door for $7. I brought it home, had my husband cut it, and I painted it. It's PERFECT to hang my earrings in Le Savon. See the picture to the right.

So, going forward, anything I find that is clever and unique to use as jewelry displays, I will share on my blog.

Stay tuned for my cute linen covered bracelet displays!!

Happy Blogging!!
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment